Scotts Canada Ltd., is a leader in the horticultural industry with superior quality products and personalized customer service. The quest for excellence, the development of our employees and respect for the environment are the basis of our success.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our team at the St-Margarets production facility. The challenge is significant because the candidate is responsible for managing all stages of the process. That is to say, from the collection of the raw material, its transformation up to delivery. The plant is on the cutting edge of technology, having been rebuilt in 2015 and has potential for growth and expansion.
Under the authority of the New Brunswick Director of Operations, the Miramichi Operations Manager plans and manages the operations of field collection, bagging, equipment maintenance and shipping of the finished product.
- Plans, organizes, manages and controls the activities related to the Miramichi production site as well as the cultivation fields located in St-Margarets, Eel River and Laketon.
- Ensures objectives are achieved by using key performance indicators (based on the company’s standards) and plant tours.
- Ensures communications between the production, planning, purchasing and quality departments.
- Ensures strategies/work plans are developed, communicated, understood by all, that results are monitored and that corrective actions are issued.
- Plans, organizes, manages and controls activities related to the development and layout of the production site.
- Measures the sites’ performance and communicates the results to management on a regular basis.
- Promotes safe behaviors, is involved in Health & Safety actions, applies and ensures compliance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Manages human resources, materials, equipment and finances for the site.
- Once a year, prepares and communicates a work plan that recommends the strategies, policies and procedures relevant to the site.
- Establishes and monitors the action plans required to solve issues and improve the performance of all departments under his responsibility.
- Continuously monitors and ensures improvements to Miramichi Peat Moss operations
- Assume all other tasks related to his responsibilities.
- University degree in engineering, administration or equivalent.
- Five (5) years experience in operations management in a production environment.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) in both French and English
- Able to manage people
- Open to change and creative in problem solving
- Structured and organized
- Good spirit of partnership spirit
If you would like to join the Scotts Canada team, please send us your resume using the subject “Offer – Operations Manager – St-Margarets” at the following email address before August 28: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the following address: 105 Englehart Drive Unit 400 Dieppe, NB E1A 8K2.